Detroit Public Schools recognized Cambium Learning as a top supplier in 2012 in the area of Academic Excellence. From their website:
Reason for Selection: Cambium Learning has been providing DPS with a service contract for Intervention Programs for Students with Disabilities, K-8 Reading and Math programs since March 2012.
- Students in Grades 1-5 have all experienced benchmark improvement in word-per-minute connection text since the inception of this program.
- Students in K-8 participating in the VMath component have shown gains in module growth.
- Performance metrics are now in place contractually with Cambium to ensure growth is cultivated and maintained in order to execute any further contract extensions.
- Cambium has worked proactively with DPS to ensure transition for its changing building footprints.
- Cambium provides dedicated staff to each site, as well as the flexibility to provide Executive Level intervention, at a moment’s notice.
At contract renewal, Cambium provided DPS with a 9.4% cost savings. Current metrics show significant improvement in these academic intervention programs.